"Answers: Librarians as Literacy Leaders"
In the era of increased focus on out-based learning schools must tap all available resources in order to thrive. So now is the time for Library Media Specialists to realize and release your educational potential. Library Media Specialists have the power of information but you also hold the keys to the major instructional challenges of our time.
- The climate of achievement
LMS can provide needed review and practice for academic success while offering the additional experience of opportunities for transferring learning to new venues.
- The emphasis on literacy learning
LMS have first hand knowledge of the most authentic literacy experiences available: books, media, Internet and beyond.
- The need for differentiation of instruction
LMS have knowledge of and ready access to subject materials designed for the range of abilities present in a modern classroom.
- The vision of continuity in a school's curriculum
LMS have a unique perspective of a school's curriculum because of the relationship with the entire staff and student population over time.
- The focus on authentic instruction to support lifelong learning skills
LMS have always been about the business of managing information for learning and enjoyment.
Whether your day is flexed, fixed or somewhere in between librarians are called upon to be educators extraordinaire. This seminar will offer LMS the ingredients for rising to the occasion with:
- age-appropriate, practical materials that are designed as lesson plans for LMS
- techniques for presentation distinctive to a library setting
- management and setup ideas to soothe the harried librarian
And all of this brought to you by an award winning library veteran and author with national and international workshop experience. Take advantage of this interactive and inspirational reality trip to enhance your library program and your standing in the educational community.